Monday, September 27, 2010

Knowing God - 1 Samuel 2:2

(fp)
There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.
1 Samuel 2:2
Lately, I've been focusing a little on St. Peter -- the rock -- and I couldn't help but think about how he occasionally sank like a rock. So when 1 Samuel 2:2 talked about God being a rock, the first words that slipped into my mind were sinking and seas.
And then I payed closer attention -- "there is no Rock like our God."
I sink. He is the foundation at the base of the seas. He is Gibralter -- not only the bedrock that keeps me from sinking, but the promontory that towers from the sea. He is God ... and "there is no one besides you."
How many things besides God do I try to stand on and rely upon?
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's a sinker at worst
and a bobber at best
(but who's been thankfully invited
to stand on the Rock!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home