Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Knowing God - 1 Samuel 12:24

(fp)

But be sure to fear the Lord
and serve him faithfully with all your heart;
consider what great things he has done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24
 
How do we honor and serve the Lord -- the first half of this verse? By following the second half of this verse!
 
I have created a new discipline for myself in the past year. I have a prayer journal. It's pretty simple. I pray for a few big general things each day -- including church finances and personal, congregational, and national revival. Then I pray for a few specific things -- like members in hospitals, kids in trouble, marriages in crisis, and friends out of work.
 
And the more I pray in this intentional way, the more the word "thank you" starts popping up on the page! I can cross off answers to prayer. I can "consider what great things [God] has done for [us]."
 
And that helps me fear, honor, and serve him even more energetically. When we take the time to look -- and rehearse daily his blessings (and for me it's been helpful to do it in written form) -- it gets easier and easier to see that God is an active, loving, powerful God!
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who will pray
for each of you
as I send this out today!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home