Friday, September 17, 2010

Knowing God - Psalm 119:67

(fp)

Before I was humbled I went astray,
but now I keep your word.
Psalm 119:67
 
This verse is my life story.
 
Until I was unemployed, underemployed -- and totally humbled -- I always played cut and paste with the Bible. I would say, "I like this ... but I can't agree with that." My concept of God was based totally on me, myself, and I.
 
Do you see the problem with this? In basing my religion on my philosophies, my priorities and my politics, I was creating God in my own image.
 
When I was humbled, I finally hit my knees. I let God be God. And I was set free.
 
Psalm 119 puts it this way: "Before I was humbled I went astray, but now I keep your word."
 
In Christ's Love,
a lost sheep who's found The Way

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home