Friday, November 19, 2010

Knowing God - Psalm 89:26

(fp)

Your Name is YOU
You are Lord of lords and King of kings. You are the great "I AM who I AM."
You are You! Fill more moments of this day with reverance and awe.
Look for God more fully today.
 
You are
my Father, my God,
the Rock my Savior
Psalm 89:26
 
We began this journey 26 days ago on our knees. As we wrap up, it's appropriate that we crawl down on our knees again.
 
When Moses asked God for his name, the Lord said, "I am who I am." The question is, "Who is God to you?"
 
Below is a list of "God is" statements -- actually "you are." Pick one or two that grab your heart and meditate on them today ... and on your knees when possible.
 
    3:03   You are a shield around me
    5:04   You are a God who takes no pleasure in evil
  10:14   You are the helper of the fatherless
  20:05   You are victorious
  23:04   You are with me
  25:05   You are my Savior
  31:03   You are my rock and my fortress
  31:04   You are my refuge
  32:07   You are my hiding place
  40:17   You are my help and my deliverer
  43:02   You are my stronghold
  44:04   You are my King
  68:35   You are awesome
  76:04   You are resplendent with light
  76:04   You are more majestic than mountains rich with game
  77:14   You are the God who performs miracles
  86:05   You are forgiving and good
  86:10   You are great and do marvelous deeds
  89:08   You are mighty and your faithfulness surrounds you
  89:26   You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior
  93:02   You are from all eternity
  97:09   You are exalted far above all gods
104:01   You are clothed with splendor and majesty
119:68   You are good, and what you do is good
119:151 You are near
139:03   You are familiar with all my ways
May God be with you as you sing in awe with the Psalmist: 90:2 Before the mountains were born ... You are!
 
In Christ's Love
a guy who needs to remember
that his name is "Am not
... but can be with His grace"
-----------------------------------

Lately - honestly - God is far. Quiet. illogical. confusing. I agree with some of these statements, but can't bring myself to internalize many of them.  Fear. Stubbornness. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home