Monday, February 22, 2010

Leviticus 19:1-21:24

19:1 the Lord said to Moses

How I long to hear God like Moses did.  But I can confidently write, "The Lord said to me..." And I am hearing him more and more these days.  Did he always talk so clearly? Or am I learning to listen?

There are various laws here.  Some are the same as the Ten Commandments.  However, it much more detailed.  Go read it... One thing that struck me was a verse about leaving the gleanings in the fields.  Helps to take care of those less fortunate.  Something as a society we seem to talk about a lot, but don't do a whole lot about.  

19:28" 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."  I have been considering getting a tattoo.  This seems pretty clear against it.  [a small tattoo - representing Lucas. I've considered it for years.  I'll keep ya posted.]

God is pretty serious about NOT sacrificing children to Molech - or tolerating those who do.  [he was a god of fire. parents sacrificed children to him.  make me nauseated to think about it.]

in chapter 20 - there are the punishments for sin.  Much of it is death. Be thankful that Christ died to cover all of our sins. Otherwise we wouldn't be facing the over crowding on earth to day that we do!  How many of us would have committed a punishable by death sin in our lives by now???

20:26 "You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own."

The next chapter covers rules for priests.  vs 20:17-20 hurt.  It detailed who could not come near to offer the food of his God.  Included are 'blind' and 'any eye defect' - according to this, my own children would not be able to off the sacrifices as a descendant of Aaron.  Again - another reason to be so very thankful that Christ died for all of our sins!!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home