Monday, April 19, 2010

Knowing God - 2 Chronicles 5:14

(from pastor)

the priests could not stand to minister
because ... the glory of the Lord filled the house of God
2 Chronicles 5:14
 
Yesterday in worship our theme was: If you want God to show up, brag on Him! Praise Him!
 
Therefore, I pulled up two lists. One was the names for and attributes of God (below in green). The second was ways we could worship and praise our Lord (below blue). And in worship yesterday, we stopped for five minutes to pray and praise our wonderful, merciful God.
 
Now, all this year I've been praying for revival for our country. But I've come to realize that if I want that to happen, I need to pray for it to start with me ... and with our church.
 
Therefore, if you want more faith, more joy, more power, or more revival in your life ... if you want  God to descend so wonderfully, heavily into our presence that -- 2 Chronicles 5:14 -- we can't stand up ... then I invite you to join me in praying through this list daily.
 
Here's how it might work for you. Everyday read through a good chunk of this list. Say something like, "IWorship you God because you are Gracious. I Praise you Lord, because you are Merciful. I Give Thanks to you Lord, because you are Slow to Anger." And so on. The list is in totally random order. So switch it up. "Today, I'm going to read the blue one and then the green one three lines down." Be creative, because if you want God to show up, start bragging on him more!
 
Worship Gracious
Praise Merciful
Give Thanks Slow to Anger
Bow Down Steadfast
Fall Before Loving
Rise Up Wonderful
Kneel Counselor
Sing Almighty God
Celebrate Everlasting Father
Pray Prince of Peace
Honor Immortal
Glorify Invincible
Bless All Wise
Follow Spirit
Obey Life
Give Generously Sovereign
Wonder Lord
Awe Forgiving
Fear Just
Tremble Eternal
Sacrifice Infinite
Believe Holy
Cling to All Knowing
Humble Myself Faithful
Adore Great
Submit Good
Talk to All Powerful
Trust Unchanging
Shout True
Confess Glorious
Cry Generous
Rejoice Savior
Open My Heart Righteous
Raise My Hands Close
Lift My Voice Excellent
Allow Myself to be Broken Divine
Spend Time with Unchanging
Exalt Mighty
Cry Out Lord of Lords
Wait Patiently King of Kings
Do Justice Alpha / Omega
Show Kindness Immanuel
Walk Humbly I AM
Stand Up Against Savior
Enjoy Messiah
Listen Lamb
Devotion Redeemer
Pay Attention to Healer
Habits Trinity
Discipline Rock
Dance Refuge
Experience His Presence Hiding Place
Commit to Shelter
Celebrate Deliverer
Sanctify Provider
Draw Near to Shepherd
 
In Christ's Love
a pastor who wants to never stand up again
because we have prayed the Lord so heavily
into our sanctuary

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home