Monday, April 12, 2010

Is He out there?

I haven't sensed God much at all lately.  I wonder if he is really here ... or just watching from the sidelines as I go through this mess.  I am still reading my bible with the daily chronological reading, but I am unable to spend much time in front of a computer.  If  I remember, I will do an entry with the verses so anyone interested can keep up.

Anyway, Sunday morning I was praying for God to show that he cares and that he was there.  I went to a church and settled in.  The sermon was based on James 5:7-12:

Patience in Suffering
7 Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. 8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. 9 Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! 10 Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. 12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned.
 
Did you catch the heading? Yeah. I did too.  The sermon was titled "Wait Well."  I am not hte most patient person nor do I wait very well most of the time.  I guess God knows this...  I am reluctant to accept his compassion and mercy.  I am tired of persevering.  But I have to admit - somewhat reluctantly. Somewhat sheepishly - that God did answer my prayer.  It was as if he was directly speaking to where I am.  He's funny like that at times.  So - yes. He is out there...just figuring out where...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shirlee McCoy said...

Here is what He gave me this past week at a Bible study - "Gather only what you need for the day." His provisions are surely enough for this moment, and when we get to the next moment, He will provide for that one.

You have been on my heart this week. I hope all is well.

Apr 25, 2010, 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home