Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Knowing God - John 5:21

(from Pastor)
just as the Father raises the dead
and gives them life
John 5:21
 
One of my saddest duties is standing beside some death beds.
 
Notice ... I said, "some."
 
Many death beds are like cruise ship dock. Many who are dying -- and their families -- have such an confidence in the power of the resurrection that death is a bon voyage.
 
Other death beds are like quicksand. Fear swallows hope and everyone's just trying to keep their head above being suffocated.
 
I love logic that is implied in John 5:21. If God gives life, why do we have such a hard time believing that he can -- and will -- raise the dead.
 
Faith is a powerful force. In fact, it's magic. It transforms a quicksand and sinking feelings into cruise ships, bon voyage, and hope. 
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's ready for a cruise

------------------------------------------------
Death scares many people. I am not one of them.  Living on earth scares me.  Getting hurt. making a mistake. Death would be welcome. I know where I am going. I know I will hold my son again. Death would be easy. Living is what is so very difficult. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home