Saturday, January 15, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Job 35:8

Your wickedness affects others like you,
and your righteousness, other human beings.
Job 35:8
 
When people sin, a common excuse is, "I'm not hurting anybody but me."
 
Lie!
 
As the Apostle Paul says, "None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself ..." (Rom 14:7).
 
How many of us have seen the behavior of one person pull down the character of others? The same can happen with the generosity of spirit. Faith, hope, love, righteousness, and heroism can absolutely inspire others.
 
In both cases we can be like the tide, lifting up or pulling down others as our behavior rises or falls.
 
In Christ's Love,
a beach bum
who's praying for
high tide
------------------------
That is precisely why I have been pulling away from others ... I know that I drag others down. The place I have been the past year is not one anyone else wants to be in and I know others have backed off from me because of it.   This knowledge makes it harder to face each day. But - there isn't much I can do about it right now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home