Sunday, January 24, 2010

My baby...



Happy 6th Birthday in heaven

My little boy, Lucas David, would have been 6 years old today.  He was born still at 2:01am on Saturday, January 24, 2004. He had pudgy little cheeks meant for squeezing. wispy black hair.  And he was a linebacker already at 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21 inches long.

God, for reasons unknown to me, took him from my womb where he grew and leapt and slept straight to heaven. This image is the one I hold of my peapod.  And despite this journey of grief that I am currently on, I WILL hold him in my arms one day. I know that!  It is a hope that I cling to...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirlee McCoy said...

Happy birthday in heaven, dear Lucas.

You will, indeed, hold him in your arms one day.

Jan 24, 2010, 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today and praying!

Jan 24, 2010, 7:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home