Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Knowing God - Isaiah 49:2

(from Pastor)

He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand.
I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver.
Isaiah 49:2
If an arrow is a weapon, what is the hiding place? Well, it depends on where I am in life.
If life is hard and heavy, the hiding place is cover from enemy attack. Is that how you feel today? Burdened? Attack? Thank God for the shield of his protective hand.
Most days, however, I'd prefer to be on the offensive. With this view, the hiding place becomes a preparation point for an ambush! I'm ready to lead, to serve, to attack and make a difference in the kingdom.
But I'd do well to remember the whole of this phrase: I first have to place myself in God's hand before I can be of any real use as a weapon, tool, or servant.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants the nickname "The Glove" --
I want to be that close to God's guiding hand
------------------------------------------------
God has hidden us in the 'shadow' of his hand.  Just a protective covering.  The NIV version says, "Concealed me in his quiver."  God is hiding us, protecting us. preparing us. equipping us.  We just don't always see it. Lately life has been hard and heavy.  There have been a lot of burdens. Many attacks.  I do not feel as if God is protecting me from attack in his hand.  Some days I feel like the arrow in concealed in the quiver - never knowing when you are going to be thrown into action.  Pulled out, placed on the taunt bow strings, and flown into the think of the battle - regardless of your readiness.  It is scary.  I am scared.  I'd rather just stay hidden in the shadow of his hands...quietly.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home