Friday, January 29, 2010

Brave???

Someone today called me brave.  I said I wasn't brave, just obedient.  This has been at the edge of my thoughts all day long.  When I think of brave, I think of our service members who willingly risk their lives for us.  Firefighters rushing into burning building to save a stranger. Christians in a communist country standing up for their faith in Christ.  That is brave.

I looked up the definition of brave:

  • adj-having or showing courage, making a fine show, excellent, splendid, willing to face danger, pain or trouble, not afraid, 
  • verb-to face or endure with courage, do defy, dare


Nope. Not me.  I was just stepping out of my comfort zone and and being reluctantly obedient.  Obedient? yes. Brave? not so much.  But thanks for the compliment.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone called me courageous yesterday. I thought, "that implies I'm taking a risk." I was just being obedient in not hiding what God has done in me. I agree with you. Obedient? Yes. Courageous? Not so much. I haven't decided yet if it was a compliment.

Jan 30, 2010, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Chris K said...

anon - I'd take it as a compliment. even if you think you were only being obedient, their perception was different. Perception is not reality. But take a compliment when you get it! :-) And keep struggling to be obedient. It's not so easy!

Jan 30, 2010, 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home