Sunday, January 31, 2010

Know God - Recap

A recap of this study ... or what I learned at least ...

God knows we are a VERY GOOD creation - if he does say so himself.
He desires intimacy with us. Nothing between us. No divides. No barriers.
God continues to bless us, despite ourselves.
God does speak - often not using words.
God wants us to wrestle with him, not against him.
God wants us to do the impossible - with Him.
God wants people to see his power.
God can not be tamed.
God sometimes speaks to us quietly, in not so obvious ways
God is crazy - but in an amazingly good way.
God is powerful, wild and impossibly good.
God is persistent in rescuing us.
God is passionate about us.
God is hope.
God is Holy.
God is jealous.
God is intentionally mysterious.
God is love.  wild, amazing, reckless, unashamed, LOVE!!
God is!!!

This past month has been a struggle for me. Wrestling, fighting, grieving. Getting to Know god on a deeper level.  I wouldn't trade the sleepless nights or the many tears for anything.  I thought I knew God.  Really knew God.  I could spout off the verses, platitudes, and basically talk the good christian talk.  How wrong I was. There was/is a huge disconnect between my head and my heart.  This gap has decreased a little.  I feel like I know God better, but have also realized that there is still so much more I do not know.  And I want to know.  I want to know God so intimately that I don't have the head/heart disconnect.   Basically, this song by SonicFlood says what I am thinking/feeling:
In the secret
In the quiet place
In the stillness You are there
In the secret
In the quiet hour I wait only for You
Cause, I want to know You more

Chorus:
I want to know You
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more
I want to touch You
I want to see Your face
I want to know You more

I am reaching for the highest goal
That I might receive the prize
Pressing onward
Pushing every hindrance aside
Out of my way
Cause, I want to know You more.

Thank you Pastor for sharing this study.  For helping me through this part of my journey - as difficult as it has been.  For listening, for writing this study and challenging us, for answering my sometimes off the wall questions.  Thank you for helping us to "Know God."

And heavenly Father - Thank you for letting us glimpse your majesty and power, awe and wonder, love and care.  We are no better than dumb sheep most of the time, but you love us anyway... Amazing love, how can it be?  We can never love you enough...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home