Friday, March 19, 2010

Knowing God - Nehemiah 1:8-9

(from Pastor)

Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying,
"If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations, but
if you return to me and obey my commands,
then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon,
I will gather them from there and bring them to the place
I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name"
Nehemiah 1:8-9
Some people stopped by the house last night. The boy asked about our dogs. I let them out and let them run.With great joy they rushed through the yard, bounding after squirrels. After a few minutes, I called and they bounded back. "They obey better than our dogs, don't they?" said the mother.
My dogs didn't know it, but they were modeling a kingdom principle! In this passage, faithfulness is defined as obeying God's commands and returning to him.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to be a faithful old dog
who brings his master joy. 
----------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder if I can send my dogs ... and kids ... to his house to learn that principle. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home