Monday, May 10, 2010

Psalm 37:1-40, 9:1-20, 10:1-18, 2 Samuel 15:37, 2 Samuel 16:15, Psalm 27:1-14

It has been a few weeks since I have done my daily reading ... not so daily, eh?  There has been a lot happening in my life and Psalm 37 starts right off targeting some of what has been going on.  37:1 "Don't be envious of those who do wrong" and 37:3 "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture."  Trusting is so hard!  

37: 7 "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. " I am struggling with things that happened in my past - maybe learning to be still before the LORD will help with the struggle. Ha! Me? Be still???


37:39-40 "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. 40 them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." The LORD helps  I have trouble taking refuge in God.  I want to handle it myself. Work through it on my own. I got myself into this mess, I will get myself out of it.  Ok - not really ... but that is how I think right now.


The title of Psalm 9 is "The tune of The Death of a Son."  Yesterday was Mother's Day.  Yes - I have 2 living, breathing children.  I also have one in heaven.  Seven years ago on Mother's Day weekend he was conceived.  Now Mother's Day is bittersweet - longing for my baby and celebrating with the two that are here with me.


David is praising God again.  Calling God a refuge, a stronghold, just.  I am always amazed at David's faith and trust with everything he went through (some self inflicted I know.)  


10:14 "But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you ..."  I know I haven't been doing that ... 





Psalm 27 is pretty familiar.  I am simply going to close with this:
27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home