Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Psalm 55:1-25, 58:1-11, 61:1-8, 62:1-12, 63:1-11, 2 Samuel 17:24-26, 1 Chronicles 2:17, 2 Samuel 17:27-18:18

David is facing battle with his son.  People who were once on his side are now against him.  Despite all this, he still trusts God and cries out to him.

55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

In 61 David is crying out to God to take him to 'the rock that is higher' then in 62 he cries:
62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 
 
He goes from asking to accepting, describing, trusting.  There is assurance in these verses.  He knows instead of pleading.  
 
62:5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.  
 
Back to 2 Samuel ... David commands his leaders to be gentle with Absalom.  However, one kills him while he is caught in a tree - defenseless.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home