Monday, November 22, 2010

Know God - 1 Chronicles 25:3

(fp)
Jeduthun had six sons --
Gedaliah, Zeri, Jeshaiah, Shimei, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah --
who worked under his direction.
They proclaimed God's messages and prophesied 
to the accompaniment of the harp,
offering thanksgiving and praise to the Lord.
1 Chronicles 25:3
Yesterday, as I signed my devotion, I almost wrote: "a guy who needs to send notes of thanks." And then I almost changed it, nearly writing instead, "a guy who needs to SING notes of thanks." (Get it? Play on the word "note".)
Well, it's rather ironic that God -- not me -- invented that play on words. Because the second time thanksgiving is mentioned in my NRSV is with people singing (or at least playing) notes of thanksgiving and praise.
Have you ever been moved by melody and lyrics? Sometimes thanks and praise comes out of our heart and mouth. These guys also used their harp to prophesy and proclaim!
Why not let the note of your life today sing in thanksgiving of God's wonder and praise.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who hopes it rains today
... so I can sing in it
(I love that old movie!) 
------------------------------------- 
 ...nothing today... (but if it rains, I will post a pic of pastor singing in it!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home