Friday, December 31, 2010

Knowing God - Revelation 21:2

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem,
coming down out of heaven from God,
prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Revelation 21:2
 
Jesus' final promise of "new" is on the final pages of scripture. In this glorious passage, as he is pointing toward the eternal blessings of a New Jerusalem, Jesus promises, "5 Behold, I am making all things new."
 
One of my favorite quotes of all time bears the timeless wisdom of C. S. Lewis. He says, "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next. ... Aim at heaven and you will get earth "thrown in." Aim at earth and you will get neither."
 
That's a good and final suggestions for a New Year's resolution for 2011 -- Aim at heaven. Why? Because if you have an absolute confidence in the promise of heaven, the things of this earth, can never sink you. This coming year will have it's share of worldly trials, "but take heart!" said Jesus, "I have overcome the world."
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who needs to sign up
for archery lessons
(I want to aim better)
------------------------------
I thought I was aiming at heaven. But I have poor aim (I always blame it on being a lefty!)  or don't know where to aim anymore. 

I long for heaven and can't wait to be there ... free from myself on earth, free from tears and pain, holding my baby alive, seeing my grandmothers. Wrapped safely in Jesus' arms. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home