Sunday, January 16, 2011

convo with Pastor - Job 38:4

Where were you when
I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
Job 38:4
 
When I was a child, I lay in bed at night, contemplating the impossible ...
 
The universe HAD to have an end.
But once it ended, then what was there.
 
My brain hurt.
 
We'd all like a little more understanding from time to time. And Job's question -- why do bad things happen to good people? -- echoes many of our own questions.
 
God doesn't answer Job with details -- because even if he did, we'd still only understand part of it! Rather, God says, "I'm God, and you're not. When you create the stars and lay the foundation of the world, then people can come to you for answers."
 
Now ... is that a satisfactory answer for you? For me it is!!! Why? Because I trust God. If I could bring God down to my size, it'd be a pretty little universe with precious little hope.
 
Our God, instead, is big. Big!
 
And his character is great. Trustworthy!
 
And his love is vast. Enough to send his very own Son to die for us.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's transformed
by trusting in an eternal Him
rather than in a temporary me
---------------------------
Trust. Again? No.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home