Monday, May 23, 2011

Convo with Pastor - 2 Chronicles 5


H O W   T O   H E A R   T H E   V O I C E   O F   G O D

Too many people say that "they try and try, but can't hear God."
For the next several days, I want to share with you a technique
I've learned from T. W. Hunt in "The Disciples Prayer Life."
It's a three-step process: 1) read a passage of scripture,
2) ask "What God is saying to me?" (each day I'll give fewer hints),
3) pray, "What I am saying to God?" (reflecting what God said to you).
SCRIPTURE PASSAGE
1 When Solomon had finished all the work related to building the Temple of the LORD, he brought in the gifts dedicated by his father, King David... 7 Then the priests carried the Ark of the LORD's covenant into the inner sanctuary of the Temple -- the Most Holy Place -- and placed it beneath the wings of the cherubim. ... 13 The trumpeters and singers performed together in unison to praise and give thanks to the LORD. ... 14 The priests could not continue their work because the glorious presence of the LORD filled the Temple of God. --- 2 Chronicles 5
 
WHAT GOD IS SAYING TO ME?
  1. VERSE 1, 7 - New is not always better. What's most important is our continuity with God's past as we move into the future.
  2. VERSE 13 - When momentous things happen, praise, thanksgiving, and worship should be our response.
  3. VERSE 14 - God's presence is real and powerful.
WHAT I AM SAYING TO GOD?
some intentionally left blank ... for you to fill in!
  1. VERSE 1, 7 - When has God been most present with you in the past? Only when looking back did I see just how present he was my entire life...I just don't always know he's there.  How can you carry that presence forward with you into the future? By remembering that he always been there, through everything.  
  2. VERSE 13 - God - I can't praise you for all the momentous things that have happened in my life.  I don't have the capabilities to thank you all of them. Please forgive me for not being able to thank you and praise you. 
  3. VERSE 14 - Ask God to fill your life so fully with his presence that you can't continue with your "normal" activities.  I am trying to create a new normal and wondering what you want me to do, Lord.  Please guide me in the new normal you are designing.  
  4. additional prayers too many to list ...
-------------------------
Does this work or is it more spaghetti being thrown at the wall??

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home