Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Psalm 25:1


O Lord, I give my life to you. 
Psalm 25:1
 
Have you said that to God recently?
 
Ever?
 
"O Lord, I do! I give my life to you." That's a powerful prayer to start a beautiful Psalm. And the rest of the Psalm details how David chooses to do this.
  • 2 I trust in you ...
  • 4 Show me the path where I should walk ...
  • 5 Lead me by your truth ...
  • 5 Teach me, for you are the God who saves me ...
  • 7 Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth ...
  • 14 Fear him [for] friendship with the Lord is reserved for those who fear him ... 
  • 15 My eyes are always looking to the Lord for help ...
  • 21 May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you ...
As a step toward giving your life toward him, choose one of these seven things to pray about and work on (with him) today:
  1. pursing a greater trust by giving over some of your worries 
  2. seeking his path and trying to discover his ways
  3. seeking his truth (which may include reading more scripture or submitting some of your ideas and preferences)
  4. adopting a more teachable spirit
  5. confessing your sins honestly and deeply
  6. fear/respect God more by following all of his calls and commandments, especially the one you're holding back on ... or ...
  7. shoring up that crack in the dyke of your integrity and truthfulness.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to cut the string
(I'm always tempted to give him my life
and pull it right back)
----------------------------
I have had this devo for a few days and usually look at them when I get them. Not this one ... I have been in a foul mood for several days. And on the edge of tears non-stop. And ... basically ... not doing what I know I need to be doing to stay healthy.
1. I worry. I don't trust. I worry that those I do trust will break that fragile bond. Even God.
2. I have been seeking his path and trying to discover his ways. But I am tired.
3. see #1
4. Am I teachable? Or am I not basking in my stubbornness, yet still hiding behind it.
5-7. hmmm...

How far have I really come?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home