Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Psalm 132


H O W   T O   H E A R   T H E   V O I C E   O F   G O D

Too many people say that "they try and try, but can't hear God."
For the next several days, I want to share with you a technique
I've learned from T. W. Hunt in "The Disciples Prayer Life."
It's a three-step process: 1) read a passage of scripture,
2) ask "What God is saying to me?" (each day I'll give fewer hints),
3) pray, "What I am saying to God?" (reflecting what God said to you).



PASSAGE OF SCRIPTURE
1 A Psalm of Ascent to Jerusalem ... 13 For the LORD has chosen Jerusalem; he has desired it as his home. 14 "This is my home where I will live forever," he said. "I will live here, for this is the place I desired. 15 I will make this city prosperous and satisfy its poor with food. --- Psalm 132
WHAT GOD IS SAYING TO ME?
  1. VERSE 13 - Scripture says that "the Lord's home" is what city? Jerusalem
  2. VERSE 14 - Jerusalem will be God's home "forever." (In fact, Revelation 21 describes Jerusalem as God's eternal home -- the New Jerusalem.)
  3. VERSE 15 - What God chooses, he will bless. 
WHAT I AM SAYING TO GOD?
  1. Where is my home? I hope it is at the Lord's side one day.  Where ever that may be.
  2. Where do I truly desire to live? I want to live where Christ wants me to live. Where he needs me to live.  And in eternity - I truly desire to live with him.
  3. You have blessed me by ... letting experience the miracle of pregnancy anyway, giving me two other children, leading us to an amazing church family, sending a purple church bus all those years ago ...
  4. additional prayers All those affected by the many, many tornados that have been swirling through this country.   
[my responses are in red.]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home