Monday, January 11, 2010

Job 22:1-26:14

between listening to Job whine and wail and the Know God study where we are learning about the Isrealites and the punishments they received for complaining - it is mentally and emotionally taxing.  

Eliphaz is talking and reminding Job of his sins - from not taking care of his neighbors, widows, family to fearing doom from his position.  And encouraging him to return to God.  

Encouraging us to return to God?  Encouraging me to stick with God? I wish for me.
 Job 22:26 "Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God."  I pray to one day find delight in him again. soon.

Although today I am more like Job - wanting to face God where he dwells and 23:4 "state my case to him and fill my mouth with arguments."  Even to the point of going to church - sitting before the alter and arguing with God today.  And wondering if he really is who he says he is.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home