Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Knowing God - 1 Samuel 17:34

(from Pastor - yippee!!! He's back!)
And there came a lion.
1 Sam 17:34

Originally, I didn't want to know what the context for this verse was. Why? Just from these five words alone is a great devotional point. Indeed, we could ask, "what is the lion that prowls in the corners of your heart?" Anger? Addiction? Unforgiveness? Bitterness? Lust? Insecurity? Pride?

The context, however, is what gives us hope. It's the story of the David and Goliath. Saul is essentially saying to David, "How can a boy battle this giant?" David who battled lions as a shepherd says, "37 The Lord, who saved me from the paw of the lion ... will save me from the hand of this Philistine."

What is the lion in your life? Do you believe that God can save you from it? Do you believe God will save you from it?

In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to be known as a lion-tamer

----------------------------------------------
What is the lion in my life? Right now, at this moment, I'd have to say my past.  And my mind.  Too much head knowledge with out the heart belief is not a good thing.  I know that God can save me from it.  And the journey that I have been on these past few weeks - I am starting to believe that God will.  In fact, I am seeing evidence of his protection.  I ask him direct, pointed questions and in something I hear, something I read, something I see - usually within a few hours or a couple of days, there is an equally direct, pointed answer.  It is a bit disconcerting at times.  But upon reflection, it is extremely comforting to know that he is saving me from the lions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home