Monday, February 22, 2010

Life Shapes - Circle

I take notes during church.  I have journals. scraps of paper. backs of bulletins. all full of sermon notes.  I found one incomplete notebook recently.  There were notes from a series we heard while in CO.  It was intriguing then, so I googled it and there is an entire website (or more) devoted to this idea. Life Shapes by Mike Breen  Keep in mind that what I am writing here is strictly from my notes and crazy head.  I may be way off base. That is why comments are encouraged.

May 1 & 8, 2005 - Pastor KM
We need Jesus to be our guide in life ... drawing us into a Passionate Life with him.  
There are 8 shapes: circle, semicircle, triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon.  All representing areas of life and ministry.  

Circle

Mark 1:14-15 after John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. 15"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Time - (greek) Kairos=event or opportunity as opposed to chronos=chronological

What are positive kairos in our lives? Some of mine include my wedding, adopting my children, getting pregnant, moving to Montana to fulfill a lifelong dream to teach in a one room school, and many more.

What are negative kairos in our lives? the most obvious is Luke's death.  there are others.  But instead of looking at it as negative, it should be looked at as opportunities to grow, to determine what I can learn from it. How can these experiences better my life? How can I gather the loose ends?

Imagine a circle ... the top of the circle is an 'x' - a kairos moment.  as you go around the circle, you more firmly believe, you transition at the bottom of the circle, as you continue, you repent, have another kairos moment and repeat.  I am not sure I did that justice.  (If you can do that better - please do in the comments. One person in particular...you know who you are.)

"The Kingdom of God is near."  Actually the kingdom of God is here, is still growing and is coming.
"Repent" change of heart
"and Believe the good news."  as faith increases, belief increases as you move on.

The circle is a repentance/belief cycle.  The circles are all connected like a slinky - we are in a constant cycle, but it can be stretched. bent. tangled. broken.  Just like a slinky.  However, God can repair this slinky/circle.  He can heal us, untangle us, repair the brokenness, and help place us back on track to continue in the repentance/belief circle.  He wants to heal us and have us continue learning from what life throws our way and growing ever closer to him.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home