Friday, February 26, 2010

knowing God - Hebrews 13;15

(from pastor)

Let us offer
the sacrifice of praise
to God continually.
Hebrews 13:15
 
In times of old, the priests of God offered bloody sacrifices on a bloody altar.
 
In modern times, you and I are all priests. God has entrusted to each of us the responsibilities of offering a new breed of sacrifices. And the good news is, you don't have to get your hands bloody.  All we have to do is lift them up in praise ... continually.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's seen too many people with shoulder trouble
and can't lift up their arms
--------------------------------------------
As I was walking with my iPod plugged in today, this song came on...it is one of my prayers at this time... "Nothing Without You" by Bebo Norman

Take these hands 
And lift them up 
For I have not the strength to praise You near enough 
See, I have nothing 
I have nothing without You 

And take my voice and pour it out 
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found 
For I have nothing 
I have nothing without You 

And all my soul needs is all Your love 
To cover me, so all the world will see 
That I have nothing without You 

Take my body and build it up 
May it be broken as an offering of love 
For I have nothing 
I have nothing without You 

And all my soul needs is all Your love 
To cover me so all the world will see 
That I have nothing 
That I love You, yeah 
With all my heart 
With all my soul 
With all my mind 
And all the strength I can find 

Take my time here on this earth 
And let it glorify all that You are worth 
For I am nothing 
I am nothing without You

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home