Saturday, May 15, 2010

Serenity Prayer

I have always heard the Serenity Prayer and thought it was just the the four lines you see so often.  I thought it as over used and cliche. Then I spent time in a treatment program for depression and continue to attend recovery support groups called Celebrate Recovery.  At the meetings we say the entire Serenity Prayer - that is actually beautiful and full of truth:

God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage the things I can; 
and the wisdom to know the difference. 
Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying on one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinfull world as it is, 
and not as I would have it; 
Trusting that You will make all things right 
if I surrender to Your Will; 
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with You Forever in the next. Amen.
-Reinhold Niebuhr

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home