Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Knowing God - Galatians 3:27

(from Pastor)

for all of you who ...
have clothed yourselves with Christ.
Galatians 3:27
 
The context of Galatians 3:27 is baptism. In baptism, we clothe ourselves in Christ.
I believe there’s another way: Through Prayer.
 
For the last two days, we’ve been talking about how Jesus lives to pray for you and me (see Hebrews 7:25). We’ve also celebrated that the Alpha and Omega knows what’s best for us because he sees reality from the perspective of eternity – not just from our momentary, temporary, limited perspective. Today, I see another invitation ...This is why we pray.
 
Think about it ... if Jesus is up there praying ... from an eternal rather than temporary perspective ... knowing what’s best and yearning for victory ... then when I pray, I involve myself in his purposes. I join with him. I discover his purposes. I go in his directions.
 
To pray is to clothe myself in Jesus Christ. It’s to look more like him.
 
In Christ’s Love,
a guy who needs to grow a long beard
(or is there another way to look more like Christ?!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home