Sunday, August 08, 2010

Knowing God - Titus 2:12

(from Pastor)

[The grace of God] teaches us to say
"No" to ungodliness and worldly passions,
and to live sensible, upright and
godly lives in this present age ...
Titus 2:12
 
In the translation that I first saw, the word that grabbed me in Titus 2:12 was "sensible." "The grace of God teaches us ... to live sensible ... lives." Don't you wish that your live made more sense many days?! And don't you sometimes wish that you made decisions more sensibly?
 
In other translations, the invitation is to "live wisely," "live soberly," and "be self-controlled." The "self-controlled" part of this word is our hope for a better life.
 
Self-control is a fruit of the Spirit. And that's very good news! On my own, I'm prone to foolishness, impulsiveness, and immaturity. But through God -- and especially when I bring him into my decisions -- I can ... act more wisely ... make more sober and reflective decisions ... be more controlled in my responses ... and most of all and finally, be sensible!
 
In Christ's Love
a guy who doesn't make sense
(except through God)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home