Monday, August 16, 2010

Knowing God - Revelation 21:6

(from Pastor)

I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End.
To him who is thirsty I will give
to drink without cost
from the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:6
 
In yesterday’s lesson, we were told of a wonderful blessing: Jesus prays specifically for you and me (see Hebrews 7:25).
 
Let’s add the wonder of this blessing: Jesus, the Alpha and Omega, sees from beginning to end.
 
Why is that good news?
 
When I pray, I pray from my limited, momentary perspective. I know what I want – right now – but I don’t see all of the repercussions. Jesus sees from beginning to end. He knows what’s best for me and my family in the short-term and long-term. He sees reality from the perspective of eternity, and he wants only the very best for me.
 
That’s why we pray for "Thy will [to] be done."
 
In Christ’s Love,
a guy whose perspective is so limited
he needs the big, round, thick glasses
that the movie stars wore in the seventies
(either that, or I just need to pray
for God’s perspective)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home