Friday, August 20, 2010

Knowing God - Isaiah 40:31

(fp)

those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
 
My son Jay -- along with 1200 other midshipmen -- has endured a summer of emotional stress, mental challenges, and excessive physical exercise during one of the hotter summers on record. Therefore, as I came across today's verse, the line that grabbed me was, "They shall run and not be weary."
 
Immediately I wanted to know the secret.
 
I didn't have to go far. The beginning of the verse tells us the answer: "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength." As a popular, newer song translates it: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord ... wait upon the Lord ... we will wait upon the Lord!"
 
Waiting involves time -- time in his presence. It's silencing the rest of the world. It's listening for the still small voice. Patiently.
 
I want my running son to not be weary ... I want you, my busily running friend, to not be so weary ... and after a crazy summer of coming and going, I want me to be less weary. And the solution is obvious: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord."
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy wants to be a waiter

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home