Thursday, August 19, 2010

Knowing God - Psalm 139:23-24

(fp)

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts. 
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Psalm 139:23-24
 
Confession ...
 
... and I have a confession.
 
Whenever I confess my sins, I usually confess the sins that are obvious and offensive to me. But it's a different standard -- isn't it? -- if we were to confess what is offensive to God.
 
What if our hearts cried out with a different standard? "O God ... point out anything in me that offends you."While I may initially and instinctively chafe at that kind of accountability, how blessed would be that kind of life -- for me and my family -- once I engrained those habits?!
 
God, give me the eyes that see and seek your pleasure. Amen.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to go from "off"
(as in "off"-en-sive) to "on"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home