Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Knowing God - Philippians 1:3-4

(fp)

Every time I think of you
I thank my God,
constantly praying with joy
in every one of my prayers for all of you
Philippians 1:3-4
 
One of my favorite New Testament glimpse of Thanksgiving comes is at the beginning of the Epistle to the Church in Philippi. A pastor who is traveling at a great distance (Paul) tells his congregation that he is always thankful for them and always praying for them.
 
This Thanksgiving, please know that I am thankful for you.
 
And I pray ... that you will blessed this holiday season ... that your journeys will be safe ... that homecomings will be blessed ... that time will be spent meaningfully.
 
Some of you will be separated from those you love -- some because of great distance, some because of grief and loss, some because of tensions and pain. If family is separated because of broken relationships, be the one to reach out gently. If the family is separated because of a death, watch for quiet ways that God may be reaching out to you. Indeed, if loneliness and pain define your days, please let us know. 
 
And if you have the privilege of counting a few blessings, adopt a of little Philippians 1 into routines this holidays and "constantly pray" for neighbors who may find Thanksgiving a little more challenging this year.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who is continually thankful
to be serving God with you
at Spirit of Joy 
(Paul wrote my sentiments)
--------------------------------
And I am thankful for Pastor and Spirit of Joy ...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home