Saturday, April 02, 2011

Rising to the Challenge?

Several weeks ago I had a very strange dream where I was nominated to run for president of the USA. My argument was that I was just a middle-class suburban mom. I am by no means qualified to be president.  But they insisted and told me I had to make an acceptance speech. I argued. They insisted. repeat. They won. I went up in my jeans and birks to speak in front of a room FULL of people. Then I woke up. 

If you know me - you know that I am terrified of speaking in front of people. This is so far out of my comfort zone I can't even see it from where I stand.  On March 21 I went to the Proverbs 31 site for some strange reason.  On the home page was a notice about the SheSpeaks conference. I clicked on it. I browsed around on it. Ignored the nudge to register for the conference and went to bed. We can't afford it. 

The next morning I was drawn back to the site. And the nudge to register was stronger. As I looked some more, I noted that you could register without paying and then try to raise funds and get scholarships. Hmmm... 

So - I started registering as a writer. I love words and the power they have. I knew this was what I was to do. Or so I thought. Then I was told, nudged, something, to register as a speaker. I ignored it and continued registering. It got stronger and stronger. I switched to the speaker track and obeyed the command. 

No one seems surprised by the thought of me being a speaker - except me. 

She Speaks is offering scholarships, but there are so many folks trying for them.  I can't afford to pay for the conference, but know that I am to go.  Somehow God will provide. 

One thing I know without a doubt is that God is going to use this journey I have been on to help other people. This verse keeps popping up:


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.  
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 

Will you prayfully consider partnering with me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship?

As you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate. Call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card; or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:

Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Chris Kramer
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road
Matthews, NC 28105

Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund. You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation.



I will keep you posted.  This new journey is scarily exciting and I have no idea where I am going!

click here for more info on this opportunity

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home