Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Job 30:1-31:40

Job is still ranting against God.  I can picture the frustration, anger, despair on his face.  Tears silently running down his cheeks as he go on against God.  His friends sitting there, silently listening. Brows furrowed in concern for their dear friend who is suffering physically, spiritually and emotionally. 

Job 30:20 describes how I have been feeling lately. "I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer. I stand up but you merely look at me / don't bother to look at me/ turn your attention away from me." 

Job goes on to list the laws he didn't break. How he actually followed the laws. Helped the fatherless and the widow. gave shelter to the traveler.  Is keeping the law and being a 'good person' enough?  We'll have to see what happens next. The text ended with "The words of Job are ended." 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home