Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Ecclesiastes 7:1-10:20

7:3  Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.
The next time someone tells me to 'just be happy' or 'it takes more muscles to frown than smile' or some other thoughtless cliche - I will tell them this!  (can you tell those cliches drive me crazy???)


7:10 Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions. 
Guess this is God's way of telling me to stop asking the 'if only's.'

10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything. 
I am very surprised this isn't taken out of context much more often!!!  Of course it seems that in our culture, this is how people are truly living!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home