Saturday, June 19, 2010

Knowing God - Isaiah 46:10

(from Pastor)

Only I can tell you
what is going to happen
even before it happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass,
for I do whatever I wish.
Isaiah 46:10
 
Why do I ever attempt to be "in control"?
 
God is God ... and I am not. Our sovereign God holds the future in his hands. He acts with power. He administers with love.
 
I can fight against it (and I have before)... or I can say, "You're God. I'm not. I trust in you. Thank you for making my life simpler."
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's not God
(whew!)
------------------------------
I am involved in a program called Celebrate Recovery.  There are 8 Principles based on the Beatitudes and then 12 Steps and biblical comparisons.  CR is not just for drug and alcohol recovery.  It is also for depression, co-dependency, sexual addictions, eating issues and any other hurt, habit or hang-up that is impacting your life.  I suffer from depression and PTSD.  The first principle is:



Realize I'm not God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendencies to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.

I like to be in control. to know what is going to happen. to be prepared.  However, I am not in control. I don't know what is going to happen. But God prepares me anyway. Because he knows. He does what he wishes! I don't have to like - but I do have to accept his plans ... and learn to let him be in control. (he is anyway ... I am just pretending I am.) 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home