Thursday, June 17, 2010

Knowing God - Isaiah 52:12 pt 2

(from Pastor)

Ye shall not go out with haste
Isaiah 52:12
 
How many of us rush through breakfast ... so we can rush out the door ... so we can rush to work ... so we can rush through the day's jobs ... so we can rush home and rush through dinner ... and then rush the kids to a practice ... where they spend an hour rushing around a field ... while you rush in and out of the grocery ... and then you rush them home ... so you can rush them to bed ... because tomorrow's going to start with another rush ...
 
Tired.
 
I am.
 
I need a verse like this. 
 
No haste. Slow down.
 
Now, why should we pause for a breath before rushing forward? Isaiah tells us. He says "for the Lord will go before you."
 
And that's been my biggest problem. How many thousands of mornings have I rushed out under my own steam rather than waiting for God to set the course of my day.
 
No haste. Slow down. Listen more. Pause and pray. I think I'll be a little less tired.
 
In Christ's Love,
a Russian guy
(get it? Rushin')
---------------------------
Why part 2? Pastor used this verse earlier. Linked Here


No haste? Seems a life with 2 kids, work, dogs, hubby - there is always haste.  I spent 3 weeks in WA in April with no haste and lots of my own thoughts.  I came back and tried to live slower ... with more intention ... more mindfulness. However, as I transitioned back to my life the haste crept back in.  The days I do my bible reading and journaling before heading out to face the day are usually the best days.  The days I don't are wasted in haste.  I need to think back to what I learned - be quiet more. be still. be God's.


Maybe there is something to be said about island time and the Jamaican way of saying "No worries, Mon."  God goes before us ... no worries mon.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home