Friday, February 05, 2010

Knowing God - Isaiah 52:12

(from Pastor)

You shall not
go out with haste
Isaiah 52:12
Ever had a big day? So big, in fact, that you rushed out in haste to ... what? Celebrate? Confront? Conquer? 'Complish?
The rest of the verse says, "the Lord will go ahead of you" AND "God ... will protect you from behind."
Ahead and behind. That's powerful and comforting ... until I remember that all too often I fail to stop and invite him to come along with me -- and therefore, neither ahead or behind.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's starting to rush out less
(because I don't want to rust out more)
---------------------------------------------------
I am always rushing.  Going out in haste.  The second half of the verse in NIV says, "Or go in flight."  Then the part about God going out in front and protecting from behind... It is humbling to think that when we are caught up in the busyness of our lives.  Running to appointments, herding cats kids to get out of the house, overfilling our already loaded plates...how do we have time to stop and invite God along.  I am thankful he is before me and behind me.  How often has he protected me in ways I'll never know?  The more we are in haste - The less we pay attention. The less our reflexes work.  The less of our temper we can control.  But God is before us and protecting us from behind.  


How comforting is that? Like a flannel blanket on a cold evening.  He is surrounding us.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home