Sunday, June 20, 2010

Knowing God - Jeremiah 17:9

(from Pastor)

The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately corrupt;
who can understand it?
Jeremiah 17:9
 
Ouch!
 
Sounds like we need heart surgery. Desperate. Deceitful. Corrupt. And you know ... it's more than a double- or triple-bypass that we need. We need a transplant.
 
Now, this is delicate surgery. So who is the great physician who is worthy of our trust? I'm choosing King David's doctor, and I'm praying with him, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me" (Ps 51:10).
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who doesn't want to be a politician
(desperately corrupt ... as the steorotype goes)
----------------------------------
Trust. Again. What is pastor getting at? Why 2 devo's back to back on trust?  Better yet - what is God getting at? I have often thought I need to be powerwashed from the inside out.  Going to intensive treatment was a start, but there is still crud in the corners that is slowly regrowing. I still have trouble trusting God. and anyone else for that matter. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home