Sunday, January 02, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Genesis 6:5-6

The Lord saw that the wickedness
of humankind was great in the earth,
and that every inclination
of the thoughts of their hearts
was only evil continually. 
And the Lord was sorry
that he had made humankind
on the earth
Genesis 6:5-6
 
I don't need to say much today. This -- along with the scenes of the crucifixion -- is perhaps the hardest passage in all of scripture: "The Lord was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth."
 
This coming year, let's resolve not to wink at sin anymore.
 
And let's resolve to no longer lie to ourselves and say, "I can do whatever I want. After all, my sin hurts no one but me." Sin hurts God. As it says in the next sentence, "it grieve[s] him to his heart." In fact, it hurts him enough that he endured the cross the conquer it.
 
I don't know about you, but my goal is to grieve God less this year!
 
In Christ's Love,
a cheerleader
(indeed a guy who want to find
new ways to bring God more cheer)
-------------------------
Does lack of trust grieve God? Does he even really care? I have imagined before ... heard quiet whispers that I am certain some would label as a lie ... that God was sorry he had created me.  I wonder why I am still reading, writing, thinking, fighting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home