Sunday, March 21, 2010

Flood

Pastor shared a story and I will not do it justice ...

There was a town with a flood pending.  One of the gentlemen decided to stay in his house. As the water was reaching his steps, some folks came by in a small boat to offer him an escape.

"No thank you. I am waiting on God to come save me."

The waters continued rising.  As the bottom floor was covered, a larger boat came by and offered him a ride.

"No thank you. I am waiting on God to come save me."

As the waters continued to rise, the man climbed onto his roof. A helicopter came by to rescue him. Again the man said,

"No thank you. I am waiting for God to come save me."

The man eventually drowned and was before God.  He asked God why he never showed up to rescue him  God replied, "I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter. What more did you want?"

--------------------------
I am as guilty as this man of not seeing what is right before me.  Of not accepting what God is offering.  What about you?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home