Thursday, March 04, 2010

Knowing God - Hebrews 3:14

(from Pastor)

For if we are faithful to the end,
trusting God just as firmly
as when we first believed,
we will share in all that belongs to Christ.
Hebrews 3:14
 
Jesus is not like a two-year-old. How do I know that? He wants to "share ... all that belongs to [him]."
 
The problem is that I'm a two-year-old. My faith life is like a roller coaster. I'm up. I'm down. I'm charging forward. I'm sliding back. Do I believe more firmly today than when I first believed? Some days.
 
Do I need to worry that I'll share with Christ all that he has to give? Well ... I need to want it; rather than worry about it. Why? Because it's the direction we're pointing, not the distance we've covered.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's like a two-year-old bird dog
who constantly need to learn to point in the right direction
--------------------------------------
The Message: If we can only keep our grip on the sure thing we started out with, we're in this with Christ for the long haul.

New Century Version: We all share in Christ if we keep till the end the sure faith we had in the beginning.

Sometimes I have to look at different versions of the bible to understand ... sometimes it doesn't help much. When we are new Christians, or finding our faith renewed, we have a very strong grip on Christ.  We are sure of his promises and teachings.  However...as we continue down the path, it gets familiar. We get lackadaisical. We may even begin to grow doubtful in a few or even many areas.  Faith is an exercise. Some days we ahve to consciously have faith. Some days it is second nature.  But if we stay faithful to Christ, he will share all he has with us!!! Amazing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home