Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Friends on the Journey

Sometimes you are in a situation where you meet people and realize that you are going to be friends for a long time.  While at The Place, I met a few such people.  Since coming home I have talked with my friends either via phone, facebook or text a few times a week. We are all struggling with transitioning back to this world. Wearing the masks - unwillingly. Sometimes it would be easier to be back there - where we could be real and honest - and know someone is there to catch us when we aren't strong enough anymore.  People who are on the same journey. Who understand the bumps and curves and rough spots.

It is calming, comforting, peaceful to talk to them. To know that they are still there and that we can connect through the miles.  To be a support for them just as they are for me.

They are truly my friends on the journey. Will we stay in touch for months or years? Time will tell. Will they always be a part of my story? my life? Absolutely!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home