Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Knowing God - 1 Peter 1:24-25

(from Pastor)

The grass withers, and the flower falls,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.
1 Peter 1:24-25
 
Who said this? Jesus! Indeed Peter was basically quoting the Lord himself: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will remain forever" (Luke 21:33).
 
In this disposable world, it's nice to know that something permanent endures! Like the grass, you and I will wither and fade. Bigger than that, stars are born and galaxies flame out. But the Word, the way, the truth, and the light will never fade.
 
Like most of you, I worry about little things. Temporary things. "Lord, set my heart on the eternal!"
 
In Christ's Love,
a lawn guy
(i.e. I'm grass ... but
by the grace of God, I'm eternal!)
-----------------------------------------
I am ready for heaven. I long to leave this world and go on to eternal life ... but although this is all temporary, we still have a purpose.  Even disposable things have a purpose and must serve them before being tossed out.  How many of us don't realize the eternal impact of the Word. The timelessness of it? It was, is and will be.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home