Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Knowing God - Psalm 19:1-2

(from Pastor)

the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech
Psalm 19:1-2
 
Last evening, I was sitting on a mountain deck. A dozen delicate clouds wafted just above the hills and trees. They glowed orange and peach with the last rays of day.
 
A friend's cell phone vibrated. His wife was texting from her perch beside a lake a hundred miles away. Her sunset must have been equally enticing: "The lake is on fire."
 
I must confess, that I don't slow down enough most days to watch sunrise or sunset, and therefore, I often miss what "the skies proclaim."
 
This Psalm tells us that "day after day they pour forth speech." Therefore, I invite you today, to walk outside. To stop. To look. To listen. And discover what God is saying to you through the sky.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who hopes to have a kink in his neck tomorrow
(because God had so much to say to me today)
---------------------------------
I am often amazed at people who marvel at nature, yet don't believe in God.  He speaks to us through nature ... bluebirds ... clouds ... sunsets.  Too often we are so caught up in the busyness of our lives to hear God speaking to us.  Today there was an amazing sunset on one horizon with dark storm clouds on the other.  A conflict of emotions in the sky.  Was God relating something to me? Or reflecting the conflicting emotions I have been feeling lately?  Calm sunset on one side ... roiling storms on the other.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home