Sunday, May 29, 2011

Convo with Pastor - John 14:21-24


H O W   T O   H E A R   T H E   V O I C E   O F   G O D
Too many people say that "they try and try, but can't hear God."
For the next several days, I want to share with you a technique
I've learned from T. W. Hunt in "The Disciples Prayer Life."
It's a three-step process: 1) read a passage of scripture,
2) ask "What God is saying to me?" (each day I'll give fewer hints),
3) pray, "What I am saying to God?" (reflecting what God said to you).
 
SCRIPTURE PASSAGE
SEE ALSO PROVERBS 8:17
I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me.
 
21 Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them." 22 Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, "Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?" 23 Jesus replied, "All those who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and live with them. 24 Anyone who doesn't love me will not do what I say. And remember, my words are not my own. This message is from the Father who sent me.  --- John 14:21-24
 
WHAT GOD IS SAYING TO ME?
  1. VERSE 21 - Love God = obeying his commandments
  2. VERSE 21 - God will reveal himself to all who love him
  3. VERSE 22-23 - It's simple. Love. Obey. We will be with you. 
  4. VERSE 24 - However, don't bother obeying if you don't love me. 
WHAT I AM SAYING TO GOD?
  1. I have not obeyed you, but I do love you. Please forgive me for my disobedience. 
  2. I ask you to open my eyes to you. Help me to see you all around me. 
  3. Simple does not mean easy. Please stay with me - in spite of myself.
  4. additional prayers _____ _____ _____ _____ 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home