Saturday, May 28, 2011

Convo with Pastor - Proverbs 6:6-11


H O W   T O   H E A R   T H E   V O I C E   O F   G O D
Too many people say that "they try and try, but can't hear God."
For the next several days, I want to share with you a technique
I've learned from T. W. Hunt in "The Disciples Prayer Life."
It's a three-step process: 1) read a passage of scripture,
2) ask "What God is saying to me?" (each day I'll give fewer hints),
3) pray, "What I am saying to God?" (reflecting what God said to you).
 
SCRIPTURE PASSAGE
 
6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! 7 Even though they have no prince, governor, or ruler to make them work, 8 they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. 9But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? I want you to learn this lesson: 10 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest -- 11 and poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber. --- Proverbs 6:6-11
 
WHAT GOD IS SAYING TO ME?
  1. VERSE 6 - People -- including maybe me -- can be lazy. 
  2. VERSE 7-9 - You don't need someone to tell you what to do. You know what to do. Stop sitting around an waiting for instructions. You know what to do!
  3. VERSE 9-11 - Sleep is over-rated. If you continue to procrastinate and not do what you know to do, pleading fatigue and exhaustion, then you will lose all and have nothing to work for.   
WHAT I AM SAYING TO GOD?
  1. You created us to be caretakers of your creation and to worship you. Yet we are failing miserably. Even the animals you created work harder than we do at preserving your creation. 
  2. Forgive me for being so stubborn and lazy. It is born of fear. Fear of messing up. Fear of offending someone. Fear of not finishing what I start. 
  3. Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for still trusting me with your creation despite my desire to crawl under the covers and hide. Please give me the strength to do your work and not slumber. The will to continue putting one foot in front of the other. The ability to shine your light for others to see.
  4. additional prayers please take this pain away so that I don't slip back into old habits and routines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home