Monday, February 15, 2010

Scriptures to Ponder

Somethings I would do well to remember...

Matthew 4:23-24 The Message (I refer to this as 'bible light' but this translation really struck me!)
23 From there he went all over Galilee. He used synagogues for meeting places and taught people the truth of God. God's kingdom was his theme - that beginning right now they were under God's government, a good government! He also healed people of their diseases and of the bad effects of their bad lives. 24 Word got around the entire Roman province of Syria. People brought anybody with an ailment, whether mental, emotional, or physical. Jesus healed them, one and all.


Matthew 8:26 NIV
26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.  [if we cry out to him, will he rebuked our personal winds and waves? and calm our troubled spirits? my head knows the answer - of course. my heart still wonders at times.]

Matthew 9:22 NIV
Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. [before my hysterectomy, I would have done almost anything to avoid the bleeding.  i was envious of this woman.  instead i had to endure transfusions and embarrassment.  pain and frustration.  would more faith have healed me? or was it the faith i had that enabled me to find a doctor to offer a hysterectomy - and one that had such quick healing? now i am hoping my faith is enough to heal my heart...]

John 2:1-3 NIV
1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine." 4 "Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come." 5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."  [even JC had a controlling mother.  :)  She completely ignored him and told the servants to listen to him...and he obeyed his mother anyway!!]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home