Friday, March 05, 2010

Knowing God - Ruth 2:12

(from Pastor)

May the Lord repay you for what you have done.
May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel,
under whose wings you have come to take refuge.
Ruth 2:12
Who has made a big enough impact on your life that you'd like to say: "May the Lord repay you for what you have done"?
Why not pray for them today! (Or call them if they're near enough by.)
In Christ's Love,
a guy who knows who he needs to call
(in fact, he just lost a nephew ... I really need to call, indeed)
--------------------------------------------------------
One of the first people who came to mind was a dear friend named Andy.  In fact, I received an email regarding her today and was able to chat with her on facebook last week - first time we've chatted on there.  Andy and I started communicating via handwritten letters in early 1994 after read an article about her in a free Nashville paper.  She had just released a cd and was very open about being raped and the healing process.  We wrote back and forth until I finished graduate school. I think we wrote some more after 1998, but I don't have the letters.  Or we went to email - either way, we are still in contact 16 years later.  Andy helped me through a healing process that is continuing today ... but her prayers and encouragement were invaluable - especially during that time.  She helped me understand that it wasn't my fault...something very hard for survivors to grasp!  That kind of gift can never be repaid!!!


While there is no way to ever repay Andy (or countless others) for what they have done, I do try to encourge them in my small feeble ways.  I love to send handwritten notes and do that when I remember and feel 'inspired.'  Oftentimes, the only payment worthy of these dear ones are the rich rewards from God.  But we can always pray for them.  Especially when we don't get to see, talk or 'chat with them very often.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak gently. carefully. thoughtfully. graciously. humbly.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home